Is dengue fever serious?

Dengue fever is uncomfortable but not serious. It is the mildest disease caused by the dengue virus and it is rarely fatal. It can last for weeks and may leave those affected feeling tired or depressed for months. If you have cause to think you have dengue, see your doctor; dengue is not serious, but it can develop into a serious complication known as severe dengue (or dengue hemorrhagic fever).

Continue Learning about Dengue Fever

What increases my risk for dengue fever?
Your risk for dengue fever increases when you travel to tropical areas and if you have previously be...
Are there alternative treatments for dengue fever?
There is no specific alternative way of treating dengue fever. Doctors commonly recommend taking ace...
What is dengue fever?
Dengue fever is a viral disease that is spread through mosquito bites. It cannot be spread through h...
Should I talk to my doctor about my dengue fever symptoms?
Talk to your doctor about dengue fever symptoms if you have traveled to areas where dengue fever occ...