How do I manage dengue fever on a daily basis?

Daily management of dengue fever requires drinking plenty of liquids, using acetaminophen, and getting rest. Dengue fever can cause high body temperatures and vomiting which in turn causes loss of fluids. It is very important to replace those fluids and avoid dehydration, which may create more severe complications.

Acetaminophen helps treat the joint pain and headaches that accompany dengue fever; it will also help to reduce your high body temperature. It is also necessary to get as much rest as you can. Rest will help your body recharge and make it possible to fight the virus.

Continue Learning about Dengue Fever

Is dengue fever serious?
Dengue fever is uncomfortable but not serious. It is the mildest disease caused by the dengue vi...
How is dengue fever diagnosed?
Dengue fever is diagnosed by assessing your symptoms, reviewing places you have visited, and con...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with dengue fever?
When caring for someone with dengue fever, make sure they stay hydrated, rest, and take acetaminophe...
Is there a cure for dengue fever?
Dengue fever does not have a cure. Dengue fever usually resolves without treatment within a couple w...