How do I prepare for a doctor visit about degenerative spinal diseases?

If you experience persistent back or neck pain, you should talk about your symptoms with a doctor. You can prepare for your appointment by making a list of your symptoms, when they began, and any medications or supplements you are taking, such as over-the-counter painkillers. You may also wish to bring a list of questions or concerns to discuss with your doctor, including traditional treatment options and alternative treatments. Depending on the severity of your symptoms and the results of any tests (such as X-rays) your doctor orders, your doctor may refer you to a specialist.

Continue Learning about Degenerative Spinal Disease

How do I care for someone with a degenerative spinal disease?
Degenerative spinal diseases can cause chronic back and neck pain. While this can pose physical chal...
What happens when a bone puts pressure on the spinal cord?
Luke Macyszyn, MDLuke Macyszyn, MD
When a bony growth (bone spur) or overgrown ligament presses on the spinal cord, symptoms of a nervo...
How does surgery treat degenerative spinal diseases?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Surgery is one approach used to treat some types of degenerative spinal diseases. Most treatment sta...
How is degenerative spinal disease treated?
Treatment options for degenerative spinal diseases depend on the type and severity of your spinal co...