What should I know before taking dandelion?

You should know that, as an herbal supplement, dandelion has not been evaluated by the FDA for its effectiveness. Know that the chemicals in dandelion can irritate your condition if you have gallstones, so you should avoid taking it. Also if you have diabetes, you should take extra caution before taking dandelion as is could cause you to have hypoglycemia, leading to serious problems.

Continue Learning about Dandelion

How do I select fresh dandelion?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Wild dandelion is plentiful in most parts of the United States. Dandelion greens are often available...
What is the nutritional value of dandelion?
Dandelion's calorie count is exceptionally low - a cup is only 25 calories, while its nutrient conte...
What Are the Health Benefits of Eating Dandelion?