What should I consider when choosing skin care products?

To best care for skin, a person must consider the safety and efficacy of the products that person chooses and how compatible they are with his or her skin tone, skin type, skin conditions, and skin care goals.

The best choices are products with a track record of success from reputable companies with a quality assurance program, with ingredients appropriate for a person's individual skin type. Trial and error is often necessary to discover the products that work best for each person.

Continue Learning about Daily Skin Care

Help! My Skin Won’t Stop Itching
Help! My Skin Won’t Stop Itching
In The Simpsons’ cartoon, “Itchy & Scratchy,” Itchy, the blue mouse (Dan Castellaneta) repeatedly kills Scratchy, the black cat (Harry Shearer). It’s ...
How is lactic acid used to treat skin?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Lactic acid is very effective for dry skin; it gently exfoliates dead skin cells and it's also a gre...
7 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin This Summer
7 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin This Summer7 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin This Summer7 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin This Summer7 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin This Summer
From sunburns to melasma, here's how to beat the heat.
The All-in-One Moisturizer for Your Morning Routine