Should I moisturize year round or just in the winter?

If your skin feels tight or rough immediately after showering, you could have dry skin. If so, you should apply a moisturizer no matter what the season. While your skin is still slightly damp from your bath or shower, apply a lotion or cream so that it will seal in the remaining moisture on your skin. Also consider using a moisturizing cleanser in the shower, it can make a real difference to the way skin looks and feels, anytime of the year.

Continue Learning about Daily Skin Care

Americans Are Still Tanning Indoors—Here’s Why It’s So Bad for Your Health
In the summer, many people love basking in the sun and soaking up some rays, but to get that sun-kissed glow during the cooler months, some are still ...
How does my skin type affect surgical scarring?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
One important component to surgical scarring is the amount of pigmentation and melanin in the skin. ...
Can I use a cream to replace damaged collagen in my skin?
Jeffrey M. Weinberg, MDJeffrey M. Weinberg, MD
Collagen creams themselves have not been reported to replace collagen. However, the use of topical t...
Is It Safe to Refreeze Thawed Foods?
Is It Safe to Refreeze Thawed Foods?