How is skin care different for men than for women?

Whether you’re a man or a woman, it’s important to take good care of your skin to keep it healthy. Start by using sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or higher on a daily basis. According to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), most people -- including men -- can also benefit from using a daily moisturizer. Using a gentle cleanser for daily washing, rather than a harsh soap, can also be beneficial. Speak to your dermatologist about the best way to care for your skin, and let him or her know if you notice any changes to your skin.

Continue Learning about Daily Skin Care

What You Should Know Before Getting a Tattoo
At the beginning of The Hangover 2, Stu wakes up with a tattoo on his face that’s identical to Mike Tyson’s. The film was almost held from theaters wh...
Are cosmetic products with alpha hydroxy acids safe?
Riverside Women's HealthRiverside Women's Health
Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) come from fruit and milk sugars. They are found in many creams and lotion...
If I have a Vata body type, how should I take care of my skin?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
Vata skin needs to be nourished and hydrated. It is at risk for premature aging due to a deficiency ...
How to Undo Sun Damage and Improve Your Skin