How often should I do an at-home skin peel?

For your best skin results, use an at-home skin peel regularly. When using at-home peels, read the package instructions on recommended frequency of usage for optimal results; for many products, that often means weekly—but don’t let that deter you if you only have the time to peel once in a while. “Any exfoliation is better than none!” Maryland dermatologist, Noelle Sherber, MD, told us.

Continue Learning about Daily Skin Care

Tanning Beds: Worse for Your Health Than You Think
In the episode of Friends, “The One with Ross’s Tan,” Ross (David Schwimmer ) goes into a spray-on tanning booth, is befuddled by the instructions, an...
How is phytic acid used to treat skin?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Phytic acid is one of the gentlest of all the acids; it's great for those with sensitive skin or tho...
What should I do if I have fine lines and dull skin around my eyes and mouth?
Dr. Ellen S. Marmur, MDDr. Ellen S. Marmur, MD
A series of moderate chemical peels. This is less expensive than having a fractionated laser treatme...
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?