How is lactic acid used to treat skin?

Dr. Doris Day, MD
Dermatology
Lactic acid is very effective for dry skin; it gently exfoliates dead skin cells and it's also a great humectant. In this video, dermatologist Doris Day, MD, explains how lactic acid is used to treat skin and how to find it in skincare products.

Continue Learning about Daily Skin Care

What You Should Know Before Getting a Tattoo
At the beginning of The Hangover 2, Stu wakes up with a tattoo on his face that’s identical to Mike Tyson’s. The film was almost held from theaters wh...
What skin-care products really work?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
I’d like to share my own list of top favorite products that promote ageless skin: Albolene This ...
What are the common buffers used in skin care products?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Buffers are substances that neutralize acids, balance the pH of a product, and make it less irritati...
What Harmful Ingredients in Skin Lightening Products Should I Be Aware of?