How is emblica used in skin care?

Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
Emblica, a family of four naturally occurring chemicals that lighten the skin, is now being used in cosmetics. Only one of the four is small enough to penetrate the skin. Emblica is also an antioxidant and stops the breakdown of collagen. There is no evidence of any side effects from this herbal remedy and so it may replace hydroquinone (bleaching cream) in over-the-counter skin lighteners.
Straight Talk about Cosmetic Surgery (Yale University Press Health & Wellness)

The public’s recent exuberance toward cosmetic surgery has spurred an unprecedented demand for appearance-changing procedures. But how can an average consumer discern the hype from solid truth? ...

Continue Learning about Daily Skin Care

Tanning Beds: Worse for Your Health Than You Think
In the episode of Friends, “The One with Ross’s Tan,” Ross (David Schwimmer ) goes into a spray-on tanning booth, is befuddled by the instructions, an...
Which ingredients in skin care products should I look for?
Where there are hundreds of possible skin care ingredients, many with fancy names and expensive pric...
What skin-care products really work?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
I’d like to share my own list of top favorite products that promote ageless skin: Albolene This ...
The Story of Your Skin
The Story of Your Skin