How do I know if I am allergic to a skincare product?

Dr. Doris Day, MD
Dermatology
If you think you are allergic to a product, an easy way to check is to put a small amount on your inner forearm. This area is generally less sensitive than your face or hands and it is readily accessible, unlike your back where most allergy testing is done. If you do not get a reaction, this does not guarantee that you are not allergic. You may need to repeat the test over a few days, or see your allergist or dermatologist.

Continue Learning about Daily Skin Care

What You Should Know Before Getting a Tattoo
At the beginning of The Hangover 2, Stu wakes up with a tattoo on his face that’s identical to Mike Tyson’s. The film was almost held from theaters wh...
How often do I need to restock my face products?
Especially for those patients with sensitive and easily irritated skin, such as those with rosacea, ...
How do nutraceuticals work to promote healthy, younger-looking skin?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Nutraceuticals, which are functional foods and supplements, work from inside your body to promote he...
The All-in-One Moisturizer for Your Morning Routine