How can a cystoscopy diagnose bladder infection?

A cystoscopy is a diagnostic procedure that uses a small camera attached to a thin, lighted tube to examine the bladder. The tube, which is inserted into the urethra, allows the doctor to remove tissue for testing in the lab. A cystoscopy is not commonly performed unless you have recurring bladder infections.

Continue Learning about Cystoscopy

What is cystoscopy for incontinence?
Jill RabinJill Rabin
A cystoscopy may be performed to ensure that the inside of the urethra and bladder are healthy. The ...
What is Blue-Light Cystoscopy?
Jayram Krishnan, DOJayram Krishnan, DO
Blue light cystoscopy is advanced detection of bladder cancer. Using it, I can find tumors before I ...
How does a cystoscopy exam test for bladder problems?
A cystoscopy is an examination of the tissue inside the bladder. Using a special scope, a urolog...
What is cystoscopy?
Jayram Krishnan, DOJayram Krishnan, DO
This is when we place a small camera into the bladder in order to find out if there are any problems...