How important is heart rate training to a cyclist?

Heart rate training is useful for any sport because it will provide feedback on the intensity of the training session.  This gauge of intensity will help determine the demands that you put yourself through when training.

Continue Learning about Cycling

Bike to Work—But Wear Your Helmet
Bike to Work—But Wear Your Helmet
Recently I chatted with a childhood friend about the crazy, unsafe things we did on bicycles when we were young. Whether it was launching ourselves of...
Give Cycling a Try
Give Cycling a Try
My parents told me I should give it a try. At the age of four, I was introduced to the bike. Not for competition, just for fun. I didn’t think about ...
Is a steep or gradual hill better when doing an overgearing workout?
The muscle tension workouts are designed for larger gears that allow for a cadence of 50 to 55 r...
What are the benefits of cycling?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
Because your weight is supported by the bike, you can elevate your heart rate without the pounding a...