What benefits can biking offer your joints?

Biking at rapid revolutions appears to strengthen cartilage without the dangers of injuries that you can get from some weight-bearing and running exercises. Plus, look at any biker and you can appreciate the thickness of their quadriceps. Remember, the muscles surrounding (above and below and alongside) your knee are the shock absorbing differences between you and a squished knee.

You: Being Beautiful - The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Cycling

Boost Performance with Motivational Self-Talk
Wouldn’t it be great if you could change your body so you could swim better or run faster when you worked out? Well, Canadian researchers have shown y...
Give Cycling a Try
Give Cycling a Try
My parents told me I should give it a try. At the age of four, I was introduced to the bike. Not for competition, just for fun. I didn’t think about i...
Is indoor cycling good to mix in with my on-road cycling?
2013-07-31 Dr. S2013-07-31 Dr. S
Indoor cycling can be a good compliment to your outside riding. You can focus on specific parts of y...
If I bike, commute and train could I be overdoing it?
Your concern about overdoing is a viable one. Your commute ride does need to be incorporated int...