What kinds of make-up can I wear if I have cyclic rosacea?

Cyclic rosacea makes the skin on your face very sensitive. Even when you're not having a flare-up, it's important to treat your skin gently. Avoid make-up or cleansers with alcohol, salicylic acid, or ones with too much oil or heavy fragrance. Ask your doctor for product recommendations. When you do find a line of make-up that doesn't agitate your skin, you may want to try foundation and powders that are green or yellow in color. These colors naturally reduce the red tones in your skin.

Continue Learning about Cyclic Rosacea

What is cyclic rosacea?
Rosacea is an adult skin condition that affects the face and sometimes the eyes. Commonly mistaken f...
What causes cyclic rosacea?
Much is still unknown about why people get rosacea, or why it becomes cyclical or progressive. Docto...
How can doctors treat cyclic rosacea?
There are two primary types of treatment that a doctor will use to treat rosacea. The first consists...
Do I need to go to a special doctor to treat my cyclic rosacea?
Many people first get diagnosed with rosacea by their family doctor. After diagnosis, though, it is ...