What causes cyclic rosacea?

Much is still unknown about why people get rosacea, or why it becomes cyclical or progressive. Doctors have reason to believe that it is partially hereditary, but most agree that environment matters, too. For people with cyclic rosacea, we know that flare-ups tend to occur if they do something that prompts blood to rush to the face. These sorts of actions include consuming spicy foods or alcohol or hot substances, exercising vigorously, being in direct sunlight, or becoming aggravated or stressed.

Continue Learning about Cyclic Rosacea

What are the symptoms of cyclic rosacea?
Redness and bumpiness on the facial skin are the two most common and obvious symptoms, which usually...
How can doctors treat cyclic rosacea?
There are two primary types of treatment that a doctor will use to treat rosacea. The first consists...
Can cyclic rosacea be prevented?
Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent cyclic rosacea. But once you have the condition, there are...
What should I do if cyclic rosacea damages my self-esteem?
Many people become embarrassed or self-conscious about their facial appearance during a flare-up of ...