Do I need to go to a special doctor to treat my cyclic rosacea?

Many people first get diagnosed with rosacea by their family doctor. After diagnosis, though, it is often recommended that people with rosacea see a dermatologist-a doctor who specializes in skin conditions. As specialists, dermatologists will have more knowledge of and experience with your condition. For people who are also experiencing eye trouble due to their rosacea, it may also be helpful to see an ophthalmologist, an eye specialist.

Rosacea is common and can often be treated by your primary care physician. Of course, dermatologists specialize in treating rosacea and we can help any rosacea-type, no matter how mild or severe. 

Continue Learning about Cyclic Rosacea

What causes cyclic rosacea?
Much is still unknown about why people get rosacea, or why it becomes cyclical or progressive. Docto...
Will cyclic rosacea affect the rest of my body?
Cyclic rosacea is uncomfortable. During flare-ups, and especially in the advanced stages of the cond...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with cyclic rosacea?
Since cyclic rosacea affects the face, people who suffer from it may be self-conscious or embarrasse...
What kinds of make-up can I wear if I have cyclic rosacea?
Cyclic rosacea makes the skin on your face very sensitive. Even when you're not having a flare-up, i...