How is cyclic rosacea diagnosed?

There is no definitive test that will tell you whether or not you have the condition. Therefore, when diagnosing rosacea, doctors rely on two things. The first is an examination of your skin and eyes. The second is an interview with you, during which your doctor will ask you about your symptoms and how long you've been experiencing them. If you're experiencing periods of severe flushing and blemishing followed by periods of clearer skin, your doctor will know that you have the cyclic type, as opposed to progressive.

Continue Learning about Cyclic Rosacea

How common is cyclic rosacea?
About 14 million people in the United States are currently diagnosed with rosacea, be it progressive...
Do the same triggers cause flare-ups for everyone with cyclic rosacea?
Cyclic rosacea is a very personalized condition. Common triggers are wind and sun exposure, alcohol ...
What kinds of make-up can I wear if I have cyclic rosacea?
Cyclic rosacea makes the skin on your face very sensitive. Even when you're not having a flare-up, i...
What do I do if exercise triggers my cyclic rosacea?
Because exercise causes physical strain and flushing, it is a common trigger for cyclic rosacea flar...