How can doctors treat cyclic rosacea?

There are two primary types of treatment that a doctor will use to treat rosacea. The first consists of topical treatments, like ointments and gels, which are applied to the surface of the skin to relieve the bumps and flushing. The second treatment type consists of antibiotics taken orally in the form of a pill. Some of the oral antibiotics used most often include tetracycline, minocycline, and erythromycin. The oral option is usually used for the more serious stages of rosacea, and usually works more quickly to reduce swelling and blemishes. The pills are less effective than the topical method in reducing redness, though.

Continue Learning about Cyclic Rosacea

What kinds of make-up can I wear if I have cyclic rosacea?
Cyclic rosacea makes the skin on your face very sensitive. Even when you're not having a flare-up, i...
If I think I have cyclic rosacea, is it important to talk to my doctor?
Rosacea will not go away permanently, although the cyclic nature means it will fade and then flare u...
How can I improve my skin that has been damaged by cyclic rosacea?
If you're suffering from cyclic rosacea, you may have noticed red lines under your skin, or thickene...
How is cyclic rosacea diagnosed?
There is no definitive test that will tell you whether or not you have the condition. Therefore, whe...