Do the same triggers cause flare-ups for everyone with cyclic rosacea?

Cyclic rosacea is a very personalized condition. Common triggers are wind and sun exposure, alcohol or spicy or hot foods, or becoming stressed or agitated, but not all of these things will be triggers for everyone. Some people with cyclic rosacea will not get a flare-up after eating spicy food, but will after consuming alcohol. Others might be especially sensitive to sunlight. Everyone is different.

In the same way, flare-ups may take longer to appear after the trigger for some people than for others. The length of flare-ups also changes from person to person.

Continue Learning about Cyclic Rosacea

How will cyclic rosacea affect my quality of life?
Cyclic rosacea won't seriously threaten your health, but it can affect your self-esteem. Because ros...
Will cyclic rosacea affect the rest of my body?
Cyclic rosacea is uncomfortable. During flare-ups, and especially in the advanced stages of the cond...
What kinds of make-up can I wear if I have cyclic rosacea?
Cyclic rosacea makes the skin on your face very sensitive. Even when you're not having a flare-up, i...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with cyclic rosacea?
Since cyclic rosacea affects the face, people who suffer from it may be self-conscious or embarrasse...