Is having cyclic rosacea the same as having allergies?

Cyclic rosacea may seem similar to allergies because both rosacea and allergies are often reactions, triggered by something in your environment. But they are not the same. Rosacea is a condition involving the blood vessels in your face, while allergies involve your immune system. That said, if you have allergies and your allergies cause your face to flush, then your allergies can become a trigger for your cyclic rosacea. By avoiding the triggers for your allergies, you will also be avoiding some of the triggers for your rosacea.

Continue Learning about Cyclic Rosacea

Do the same triggers cause flare-ups for everyone with cyclic rosacea?
Cyclic rosacea is a very personalized condition. Common triggers are wind and sun exposure, alcohol ...
How will cyclic rosacea affect my quality of life?
Cyclic rosacea won't seriously threaten your health, but it can affect your self-esteem. Because ros...
How can I improve my skin that has been damaged by cyclic rosacea?
If you're suffering from cyclic rosacea, you may have noticed red lines under your skin, or thickene...
What's the difference between cyclic and progressive rosacea?
During a flare-up, both types of rosacea have the same symptoms and qualities. Both types go through...