What kind of reactions could I have from a CT scan?

The contrast dye can cause some people to feel warm, red, and flushed. Some people may be allergic to the contrast dye and may get hives. Other, more serious reactions, such as shortness of breath and low blood pressure, can occur but are very rare. If you have ever had a reaction to contrast material used for X-rays in the past, or if you are allergic to shellfish, make sure to tell your doctor.

Continue Learning about CT Scan

What is a cranial CT scan?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
A cranial CT scan is an imaging test that uses x-rays to generate cross-sectional images (slices) of...
What should I wear for a computerized tomography (CT) scan?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
We encourage our patients to wear loose, comfortable clothing that does not have any metal butto...
Are CT Scans Better Than X-Rays at Finding Lung Cancer?
Who Should Get a CT Scan to Screen for Lung Cancer?