How can I explain what a CT scan is to my child?

You can explain what a CT scan is to your child by telling him or her that CT stands for computed tomography. Explain to your child that these scans take pictures of different parts of the body. The pictures will show bones and tissues in the body.

This content originally appeared on the Alliance for Kids website.

Continue Learning about CT Scan

What is a spiral computed tomography (CT) scan?
A spiral computed tomography (CT) scan takes images using radiation. It is similar to an x-ray in th...
How do I prepare for a computerized tomography (CT) scan?
Eric E. Harrison, MDEric E. Harrison, MD
To prepare for a cardiac computerized tomography (CT) scan, it's important to lower your heart rate....
The Dark Side of CT Scans
The Dark Side of CT Scans
Does a PET Scan That Shows Lung Nodules Mean Cancer?