What are the symptoms of inflammatory Crohn's disease?

In inflammatory Crohn's disease, the small instestine or the colonic mucosa is very inflamed. This inflammation of the small bowel or the colon often leads to diarrhea, fevers, weight loss and anemia. However, you typically won’t have any obstructive symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, bloating and distention or really loud bowel sounds.
The more classic signs and symptoms of inflammatory Crohn's disease include the following:
  • diarrhea
  • abdominal pain
  • bloating
  • blood in the stool
  • fatigue
  • weight loss
Crohn's disease can also be associated with:
  • fissures or abscesses around the anus
  • arthritis
  • malabsorption
  • rash

Continue Learning about Crohn's Disease

Have IBD? These Nutrients Can Help
Have IBD? These Nutrients Can Help
You may think you're eating well to control your inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) symptoms, but ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease can do a number...
What is Crohn's disease?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Crohn’s disease is a condition where the body's immune system gets confused and attacks cells in the...
What are complications of Crohn's disease?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Complications of Crohn's disease include problems in the intestines, such as perforation, fistulas o...
How Can I Manage Crohn's Disease?
How Can I Manage Crohn's Disease?