What is Crohn's disease?

Crohn’s disease is a condition where the body's immune system gets confused and attacks cells in the gut. This causes inflammation in the gut, which makes it sore, red and swollen. The swelling can happen anywhere between the mouth and the anus, but mainly affects the small and large bowels.

Continue Learning about Crohn's Disease

How Crohn’s Disease Impacts Mental Health
Crohn’s disease is a chronic disorder that causes inflammation in the digestive tract. It is one of the two main types of inflammatory bowel disease (...
What does it mean when someone with Crohn's disease has a flare?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
When someone with Crohn's disease has a flare, it means that the immune system is attacking the gut....
Should I avoid certain foods with Crohn's disease?
Dr. Marc B. Sonenshine, MDDr. Marc B. Sonenshine, MD
No specific diet treats the inflammation of Crohn’s disease, but a well-balanced nutritious diet ens...
How Can I Manage Crohn's Disease?
How Can I Manage Crohn's Disease?