What does Crohn's disease result in?

The walls of the intestine thicken because of inflammation and scar tissue. Surgery can help some patients.  The most important factor is that you find a specialist that you are comfortable with.  Every case is different and every patient is different, so make sure you have a doctor that is a specialist and one that you are comfortable with.    

Continue Learning about Crohn's Disease

4 Lifestyle Changes That Can Help IBD
4 Lifestyle Changes That Can Help IBD
Bad habits can pose some big problems. They can be a major source of conflict in a relationship, and may even keep you from reaching your true potenti...
What can I do if my child feels overwhelmed by Crohn's disease?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
If your child ever feels overwhelmed, worried or sad about having Crohn's disease, remind him or her...
Will I need surgery for Crohn's disease?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
The type of surgery done for Crohn's disease depends on how Crohn's has affected the intestines. Oft...
How Can I Manage Crohn's Disease?
How Can I Manage Crohn's Disease?