Why should I go to the ER for an orthopedic injury?

You should go to the emergency room (ER) for an orthopedic injury in the event that a bone could be fractured or otherwise injured. If there is any concern that an orthopedic injury has occured, it is absolutely appropriate to seek care at the ER for evaluation. Many communities now have rapid orthopedic clinics that also function much like an ER but specifically for these types of injuries.

Patients should go to the ER for an orthopedic issue if the injury is not getting better, or there’s a noticed deformity in the extremities.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

Does Your ER Make the Grade? How the U.S. Rates
If you have an emergency, you assume that your 911 services and ER will be ready to take care of you, right?  But what if they aren’t? Unfortunately, ...
How can I tell if I need to go to the emergency room?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
You go to the emergency room when you think you have an emergency. What is an emergency for one pers...
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest.
What Are the Limitations of Computers in Medicine?