Why should I go to the ER for an orthopedic injury?

You should go to the emergency room (ER) for an orthopedic injury in the event that a bone could be fractured or otherwise injured. If there is any concern that an orthopedic injury has occured, it is absolutely appropriate to seek care at the ER for evaluation. Many communities now have rapid orthopedic clinics that also function much like an ER but specifically for these types of injuries.

Patients should go to the ER for an orthopedic issue if the injury is not getting better, or there’s a noticed deformity in the extremities.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

Does Your ER Make the Grade? How the U.S. Rates
If you have an emergency, you assume that your 911 services and ER will be ready to take care of you, right?  But what if they aren’t? Unfortunately,...
What are the benefits of Level I trauma centers?
Swedish Medical CenterSwedish Medical Center
If you are seriously injured, you will want to go to a trauma center that has a Level I designation ...
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest.
What Makes for Good Critical Care?
What Makes for Good Critical Care?