What will NICU staff do when I'm rooming-in with my baby in the NICU?

During the rooming-in experience in the NICU, hospital staff will be responsible for:
  • Monitoring medication use according to physician’s orders.
  • Making regular visits to the room to document the child’s status according to hospital policies and procedures.
  • Providing verbal instructions if called about a problem.
  • Intervening and providing care for the child if a problem or emergency is identified.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

Does Your ER Make the Grade? How the U.S. Rates
If you have an emergency, you assume that your 911 services and ER will be ready to take care of you, right?  But what if they aren’t? Unfortunately,...
How does the emergency room (ER) staff determine who to see first?
Frankfort Regional Medical CenterFrankfort Regional Medical Center
The emergency room (ER) staff uses a triage system to determine who to see first. ER staff sees the ...
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest.
What Can I Expect in Critical Care?
What Can I Expect in Critical Care?