What role does the medical director play in caring for my baby in the NICU?

The person who supervises all of the neonatologists and physicians in training in the newborn intensive care unit (NICU) is the medical director. If you are having a problem that cannot be solved by speaking with your doctor, ask to speak to the medical director.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

Does Your ER Make the Grade? How the U.S. Rates
If you have an emergency, you assume that your 911 services and ER will be ready to take care of you, right?  But what if they aren’t? Unfortunately,...
How can I tell if I need to take my child to the emergency room?
Dr. Alfred D. Sacchetti, MDDr. Alfred D. Sacchetti, MD
Take your child to the emergency room or call 911 if your child has: difficulty breathing or shor...
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest.
What Affects Readmission Rates to Hospitals?