What does a trauma surgeon do?

Basically, a trauma surgeon takes care of people who are injured, working with the hospital staff to stabilize the patient and to identify the extent of injury and other medical problems. From there, the trauma surgeon works with the staff to determine if the patient needs surgery.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

Does Your ER Make the Grade? How the U.S. Rates
If you have an emergency, you assume that your 911 services and ER will be ready to take care of you, right?  But what if they aren’t? Unfortunately, ...
How should I describe my child’s symptoms to the emergency room doctor?
Patients will say, “My daughter’s lethargic and has labored breathing,” because they just read those...
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest.
What Responsibility Do Patients Have for Their Own Health Care?