What should I do when a loved one is sent to a trauma unit?

When a loved one is sent to the trauma unit you should get to the hospital as soon as you can. You will probably be asked to stay in the waiting area, but the healthcare professionals there will be made aware of your presence and should keep you updated as appropriate.

When a loved one enters the trauma unit, try being supportive and brave; it’s also encouraged that family be present during trauma resuscitation.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

What are the differences between emergency room levels?
Doctors Hospital of SarasotaDoctors Hospital of Sarasota
The differences between emergency room levels are based on a patient's condition or sickness.
Should I call my pediatrician if we have to go to the emergency room (ER)?
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart InstituteLawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute
It would be a good idea to call your pediatrician prior to an emergency room visit. Your pediatricia...
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest.
How Has Critical Care Changed?
How Has Critical Care Changed?