What if my child’s condition worsens while we're waiting in the ER?

If your child’s symptoms have worsened while you’ve been waiting to be seen, tell the triage nurse, “My child’s getting worse.” Then describe what’s changed. You won’t be able to snow the triage nurse if it isn’t true, but if it is it will get his or her attention. It means what was written down on the form three hours ago may not be valid now.

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

Take the RealAge Test!

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Critical Care

How Has Technology Advanced Medicine?
How Has Technology Advanced Medicine?
How Has the Medical Community Reduced Errors in Patient Care?
How Has Critical Care Changed?
How Has Critical Care Changed?
What are the Main Differences Between Inpatient and Outpatient Care?