How can a social worker provide emotional support for family members?

Deb Cordes
Deb Cordes on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialist

Yes, the role of the social worker may vary from hospital to hospital. But one of the most important roles that the social worker can play is to provide emotional support to family members. The social worker may work hand in hand with pastoral care to ensure that family members are supported while their loved ones are in the hospital.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

How does a ventilator help my baby breathe in the NICU?
Methodist Stone Oak HospitalMethodist Stone Oak Hospital
A ventilator helps a baby breathe by expanding the lungs when the baby doesn't have the strength to ...
Why can't anyone tell me how long I have to wait when I go to the ER?
Wait times can be frustrating, but it's important to have patience for those who need immediate atte...
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest.
What Affects Readmission Rates to Hospitals?