Questions that are asked by the 911 operator will depend upon the nature of your problem. After calling 911, you should be prepared to articulate your problem in a clear and precise manner. The operators are trained to respond to all emergency situations which range from drug overdoses, strokes, heart attacks, drowning victims, syncopal events, etc; the list is all-inclusive. Be prepared to listen attentively to instructions that are given by the operator as you are guided through the crisis.
- Q Are there doctors and nurses on the Medivac helicopter?
- Q What are the ICU and CCU?
- Q Will EMS treat my injury en route to the trauma center?
- Q How can I make sure emergency medical services (EMS) can find my house?
- Q What's my role in activating the emergency medical services (EMS) system?
- Q Can a family member ride in the ambulance with me?