Questions that are asked by the 911 operator will depend upon the nature of your problem. After calling 911, you should be prepared to articulate your problem in a clear and precise manner. The operators are trained to respond to all emergency situations which range from drug overdoses, strokes, heart attacks, drowning victims, syncopal events, etc; the list is all-inclusive. Be prepared to listen attentively to instructions that are given by the operator as you are guided through the crisis.
- Q When should I go to urgent care versus the emergency department?
- Q What does EMS stand for?
- Q Will EMS treat my injury en route to the trauma center?
- Q Will the EMT accompany my loved one into the ER?
- Q Does EMS take a person to the trauma center or ER?
- Q Will a doctor provide support for family members of those in ICU?