Should I take my loved one's personal items home from ICU?

Deb Cordes
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Yes, it is a good idea to take your loved one's personal items home. This will prevent them from getting lost. It is important that the nurse writes down the items that you are taking home so they know they are safe. If you choose to keep the items with your family in ICU it is also important for the nurse to write down what is staying on the admission sheet.
Joane Goodroe
Nursing

It is best to take your loved one's personal items home while they are in the intensive care unit. The nurses taking care of the patient will let you know if they need anything.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

Does Your ER Make the Grade? How the U.S. Rates
If you have an emergency, you assume that your 911 services and ER will be ready to take care of you, right?  But what if they aren’t? Unfortunately, ...
Should I wait before going to the emergency room (ER)?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
You should wait before going to the emergency room (ER) under certain circumstances. If you’ve got s...
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest.
Is There a Fee to Talk to a Counselor or Psychologist?