How can I make sure my child gets good care in the emergency room (ER)?

To make sure your child gets good care in the emergency room (ER) always ask questions, but also be able to give your doctor or nurse detailed answers. Being knowledgeable about your child’s history, whether it’s about allergies or persistent symptoms they have experienced over time, will enable doctors and nurses to administer care more safely and more rapidly.
One way to make sure your child receives good care in the emergency room (ER) is to provide an accurate and detailed description of your child's condition and medical history to the healthcare team. It is important to share this information. Understanding the history of the illness helps your doctor determine the cause and make a treatment plan.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

What should I know before going to the emergency room (ER)?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Before going to the emergency room (ER) you should know that when you arrive in the ER you will firs...
What happens in the emergency room (ER) examination room?
Frankfort Regional Medical CenterFrankfort Regional Medical Center
In the emergency room (ER) examination room, a doctor or nurse practitioner will do a problem-focuse...
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest.
Is Medicine More Art or Science?
Is Medicine More Art or Science?