How can I make sure my child gets good care in the emergency room (ER)?

One way to make sure your child receives good care in the emergency room (ER) is to provide an accurate and detailed description of your child's condition and medical history to the healthcare team. It is important to share this information. Understanding the history of the illness helps your doctor determine the cause and make a treatment plan.
To make sure your child gets good care in the emergency room (ER) always ask questions, but also be able to give your doctor or nurse detailed answers. Being knowledgeable about your child’s history, whether it’s about allergies or persistent symptoms they have experienced over time, will enable doctors and nurses to administer care more safely and more rapidly.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

Does Your ER Make the Grade? How the U.S. Rates
If you have an emergency, you assume that your 911 services and ER will be ready to take care of you, right?  But what if they aren’t? Unfortunately, ...
How should I describe my child’s symptoms to the emergency room doctor?
Patients will say, “My daughter’s lethargic and has labored breathing,” because they just read those...
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest.
What Can I Expect in Critical Care?
What Can I Expect in Critical Care?