How will my baby's caregivers know if my baby is in pain while in the NICU?

Your caregivers will use several tools to help determine if your baby is in pain in the NICU. These tools are based on factors such as your baby’s vital signs, facial expression, body movements, skin color, and level of activity. The staff will evaluate and record this information at least every 4 hours.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

Does Your ER Make the Grade? How the U.S. Rates
If you have an emergency, you assume that your 911 services and ER will be ready to take care of you, right?  But what if they aren’t? Unfortunately, ...
How can I prepare my children for a trip to the emergency room?
Palms West Hospital - HCA East FloridaPalms West Hospital - HCA East Florida
When preparing to take your child to the emergency room (ER), the first priority is to ensure safety...
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest.
Is There a Fee to Talk to a Counselor or Psychologist?