Is there a chapel near the ICU?

Deb Cordes
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
The location of the chapel may vary in each hospital. Ask to speak to the Chaplain on duty and they can guide you to the location. The Chaplain can also provide you and your family spiritual counseling if requested. If the Chaplain is not available ask to speak to the social worker and the social worker can provide you with the location of the Chapel.
 Dr. Cathy Provins-Churbock, PhD
Critical Care Medicine
The chapel may or may not be near the ICU but the nursing staff will be able to direct to it. The nursing staff can also help arrange spiritual counseling at the bedside.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

Does Your ER Make the Grade? How the U.S. Rates
If you have an emergency, you assume that your 911 services and ER will be ready to take care of you, right?  But what if they aren’t? Unfortunately, ...
Why do I need a living will when I'm admitted to the critical care unit?
Debra DibartoloDebra Dibartolo
The doctor or nurse practitioner asks if you have a living will for several reasons; To be sure y...
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest.
What Responsibility Do Patients Have for Their Own Health Care?