Should I call my family about my loved one in critical care?

Deb Cordes
Deb Cordes on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Whether or not to call the family about a loved one in critical care is a decision that only you can make. These can be hard decisions if there are problems within the family. It may help to discuss this with pastoral care or social worker to help you work through this issue. When a patient is in critical care they are very sick and it may be important for all the family members to be aware of the patient's condition.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest. Over half a million Americans undergo emergency general surgery (EGS) every year...
What Are the Limitations of Computers in Medicine?
Is There a Fee to Talk to a Counselor or Psychologist?
What Makes for Good Critical Care?
What Makes for Good Critical Care?