What do plastic surgery scars look like?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery

Scarring is what occurs when the body heals an external incision site. Plastic surgery scars can look:

• Great, hardly even visible
  • Average, visible, but not bad
  • Awful, to the point of feeling disfigured

Your scars, or lack thereof, will be the result of a combination of issues, including genetics, overall health, skin type, and skill of the surgeon. A bad result isn’t necessarily the fault of the surgeon nor is it the fault of the patient. However, the skill of your surgeon and how you take care of yourself after surgery do play a significant part.

The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Cosmetic Surgery

Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
Congratulations on losing weight! Unfortunately, your battle of the bulge may not be over just yet. That’s because substantial weight loss can leave b...
What is mentoplasty?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Mentoplasty can be defined as chin implant surgery. The two main forms of mentoplasty include chin i...
What are the most common plastic surgery procedures?
Mohammad KhosraviMohammad Khosravi
in my practice, the most common procedures are:Breast AugmentationRhinoplastyliposuctionTummy TuckMo...
What can I expect after cosmetic plastic surgery?