Can plastic surgery reduce intra-abdominal fat?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
It is important that if you hear the word "intra-abdominal fat" that you understand that you will never have a flat stomach. It is absolutely not going to happen, even with tightening of the abdominal muscles internally. This fat is entangled within your abdominal cavity, so merely tightening the muscles over it won't eliminate your bulge. I am only addressing tissue outside the muscle with a tummy tuck; I am not addressing anything within the abdominal cavity. That is an area not to be touched during any elective operation at any time.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Cosmetic Surgery

Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
Congratulations on losing weight! Unfortunately, your battle of the bulge may not be over just yet. That’s because substantial weight loss can leave b...
How is gynecomastic surgery performed?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
There are multiple approaches for Gynecomastic surgery. In the mildest approach, direct liposuct...
What do plastic surgery scars look like?
Scarring is what occurs when the body heals an external incision site. Plastic surgery scars can loo...
How Can I Protect Myself from Unlicensed Practitioners and Medical Scams?