What is the general recovery period for facial surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
The general recovery period for facial surgery depends on the extent of the surgery. Facelifts and necklifts may take 6-8 weeks for full recovery. Eyelid surgery recovery is usually 10-14 days. Rhinoplasty surgery may take a full year for full recovery of edema and swelling. 

Continue Learning about Cosmetic Surgery

Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
Congratulations on losing weight! Unfortunately, your battle of the bulge may not be over just yet. That’s because substantial weight loss can leave b...
What is a buttock fat transfer?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
In a buttock fat transfer, a typical patient receives 0.5 to one kilogram (one to two pounds) of...
Can plastic surgery improve my psychological well-being?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
While plastic surgery can do many things for your outward appearance, it cannot fix the problems in ...
How Can I Make My Lips Fuller?
How Can I Make My Lips Fuller?