How is the popularity of plastic surgery changing in Hollywood?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
As a Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon, I see the effects of cosmetic surgery daily on Hollywood, and vice versa. Patients present weekly from all aspects of the motion picture industry for plastic surgery. This includes film stars, directors, producers, stage hands and wives, hair and makeup experts from the studios. My goal with each patient, no different than non-Hollywood, is to give the most natural result and maintain proportionality whenever possible. Hollywood certainly drives women into looking their best and reducing wrinkles and skin laxity is a significant part of it.
Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
Hollywood is finally realizing that overdone plastic surgery does not look normal. And so casting calls are asking for actors with natural breasts and faces that can actually emote. Studios are asking for the "no implants" or "no Botox" crowd. Film executives are tired of seeing abnormal body parts, like odd-shaped, silicone-filled breasts that bulge just below the collarbone. And they're finally becoming cognizant that eyebrows don't belong half way up the forehead; faces were meant to show emotion and lips should not look like zucchinis.

Continue Learning about Cosmetic Surgery

Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
Congratulations on losing weight! Unfortunately, your battle of the bulge may not be over just yet. That’s because substantial weight loss can leave b...
Why do people get plastic surgery to fix scars from other surgeries?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic surgical correction of scars from other surgeries is often performed. Our goal as board cert...
What should I do after a cosmetic laser procedure?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
For all laser procedures: Keep the skin moist with an emollient wound healing ointment. When the ski...
Could Fat Return After I Get Liposuction?