What should I consider while deciding the position of my breast implant?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Implants can be placed either subglandular above the muscle, submuscular, or dual plane technique, two thirds under one third over. Majority of surgeries I perform are using the dual plane technique. Remember that placing implants above the muscle can lead to a multitude of problems including palpability, visibility of the bag, also a more unnatural appearance of the upper portion of the implant, also increased risk of capsular contraction scar tissue, and most importantly difficulty in detecting microcalcifications, premalignancies, and cancer for radiologists. The majority of our surgical augmentations electively are placed behind the muscle using the dual plane technique.

Continue Learning about Cosmetic Surgery

Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
Congratulations on losing weight! Unfortunately, your battle of the bulge may not be over just yet. That’s because substantial weight loss can leave b...
What’s the cost of plastic surgery in NJ?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The cost of plastic surgery will differ state to state. The cost of plastic surgery here in Beverly ...
Is it safe to have multiple cosmetic procedures at the same time?
Tara WhitworthTara Whitworth
Some procedures are safe to combine. For example, many patients choose to have a breast augmentation...
Why Would Someone Opt for a Tummy Tuck When They Have Breast Reconstruction?