Why should I consider having hip liposuction with my tummy tuck?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Liposuction of the hips can greatly add to a good result with a tummy tuck. It may seem odd that your surgeon wants to address an area that does not bother you, but rest assured they are addressing this for a reason. Please be aware that changing one part or proportion of the body will enhance others, whether it be for better or worse. When a tummy tuck is performed and the hips are left as is, some patients complain that they feel broader than before, and the removal of the abdominal skin can result in them actually looking heavier on the sides. For this reason, I usually recommend suctioning the hips if there are significant amounts of fat in the hip regions. To me, it is very important to make the woman look narrower and thinner after a tummy tuck. That is why she is having the procedure done in the first place. She wants to feel better about her total midsection, not just her abdomen.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Cosmetic Surgery

Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
Congratulations on losing weight! Unfortunately, your battle of the bulge may not be over just yet. That’s because substantial weight loss can leave b...
Am I a good candidate for ear reshaping (otoplasty)?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Patients that are good candidates for ear reshaping or the otoplasty procedure have prominent ears t...
Why are women opting for cosmetic surgery nowadays?
Reasons for cosmetic surgery vary between patient to patient. Body self image and self esteem go han...
How Effective Is the VelaShape Body Sculpting Procedure?