Am I a good candidate for ear reshaping (otoplasty)?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Patients that are good candidates for ear reshaping or the otoplasty procedure have prominent ears that bend forward and down. The majority of patients that undergo the surgery are between the age of 4 and 14 years old. The procedure of pinning the ears back require intravenous sedation and local anesthesia (local auricular block) with combined skin excision along posterior ear and scoring of the cartilage with non-absorbable mattress pull back sutures.  

Continue Learning about Cosmetic Surgery

Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
Congratulations on losing weight! Unfortunately, your battle of the bulge may not be over just yet. That’s because substantial weight loss can leave b...
What do lasers do?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Different types of light or energy sources convert energy to heat in (or on) the skin in order to ef...
What is female genital cosmetic surgery?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
A nascent area of cosmetic surgery is surgery of the female genitals. Some women are self-consci...
How Can Laser Treatments Help My Skin?
How Can Laser Treatments Help My Skin?