Should I discuss plastic surgery with my spouse?

Susan Evans
Dermatology
Plastic surgery does not have to be major in order to have major results. Even a simple nose job can seriously change the overall appearance of your face. You may reach your goal and be even more pleased than you expected, but you may also experience deep regret. Before committing to cosmetic surgery, discuss it with your spouse and your plastic surgeon so that you know all of the pros and cons involved. And whatever you do, speak to a professional before obsession spirals out of control and your spouse leaves you because of plastic surgery.
Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
It is very important to discuss any surgical procedure with your spouse including plastic surgery. Plastic surgery is a life altering procedure that will have effects on the both of you. During your consultation with the plastic surgeon consider having your significant other present to understand the risks, benefits, and possible complications of your procedure.

Continue Learning about Cosmetic Surgery

Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
Congratulations on losing weight! Unfortunately, your battle of the bulge may not be over just yet. That’s because substantial weight loss can leave b...
How are stem cells used in plastic surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Stem cells are not being used for both facial rejuvenation and breast enhancement by limited number ...
What factors put me at risk for complications of plastic surgery?
Risk factors of plastic surgery can include: Morbid obesity or being overweight. History of ca...
What Factors Should I Consider When Having Multiple Plastic Surgeries?