Side effects are uncommon when using Preparation H. Rectal irritation is possible, and, rarely, increased pain or bleeding. Allergic reactions, including rash, redness, swelling of the tissues, swelling of the face or mouth, or difficulty breathing, can also occur. If you experience an allergic reaction or severe side effects, call your doctor.
- Q Should I let my doctor know I am using Preparation H?
- Q How does Preparation H treat hemorrhoids?
- Q What is the maximum daily dose of Preparation H?
- Q What should I avoid while using Preparation H?
- Q How does Preparation H interact with other medications?
- Q Who should not use Preparation H?