The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the first generic version of Nasonex in early 2016. The generic name of the drug is mometasone furoate monohydrate. It is a nasal spray used to treat nasal allergy symptoms in adults and children age 2 years and older. People age 12 and up can also use it to prevent seasonal allergies.
- Q How does Nasonex treat seasonal and year-round nasal allergies?
- Q What should I know about Nasonex before taking it?
- Q Who should not use Nasonex?
- Q How should I use Nasonex?
- Q How does Nasonex interact with other medications or foods?
- Q Are there any risks in taking Nasonex?